Instagram a go-go
As well as the blog, which I update 3 times a week, I post twice daily on Instagram and weekly updates on Pinterest.
I started Instagram when my Dad had his first stroke in 2012 and consequently when he was dying as I found it so hard to write the blog when I was just trying to survive the next 12 hour rollercoaster of overwhelming emotion, sorrow and sadness.
Instagram allowed me to remain connected and post a picture of a moment in the day – often just something that inspired me, made me laugh or feel nostalgic.
Anyway – apart from cool new indie brand discoveries, things to buy, my favourite of the runway shows and great streetstyle here are 25 things my Instagram feed would tell you about me that you might otherwise never know.
Come follow me …join the conversation … it’s fun x
1. I really like balloons, pompoms and googly eyes
2. I like Topiary and Totoro
3. I like animals in human clothing
4. I like novelty bags
in fact novelty anything ..
5. I was totes 80s fashun growing up …
6. I really like making modern hairdos with contemporary colour trends with my kids’ playdoh
7. I am into gender equality, feminism and self-love.
8. I have a Yayoi Kusama polka dot car that I zoom around Brisbane in and style people from – called “the STEELEMyStyle Mobile”
9. I like nail stickers /instant nails & often use them on my wonky feet.
10. I like the details.
11. I love behind the scene candid celeb pics
12. I like Glow in the Dark … alot
13. I really like street art installations and graffiti
14. My Best Outfit selfies tend to involve my youngest daughter
15. I really really love my one and only coffee of the day – a soy latte
16. I love chandeliers, disco balls and swearing (well, I am Scottish)
17. I love Sophia Webster shoes, in fact I love all kinds of shoes
18. I like to daydream about places I would like to sit and read a book.
19. I love Gemma Correll, David Shrigley, Snoopy, Calvin & Hobbes and Lisa Simpson.
20. I like signage
21. I am sentimental & romantic and love musicals, old movies – particularly anything with Barbara Streisand, Doris Day, Gene Kelly, Judy Garland, Tony Curtis & Jack Lemmon.
22. I love cheeky / hilarious rather than raunchy and sexy
23. I had crushes on Tom Selleck, Gene Kelly, James Garner and Roddy McDowell as Cornelius in Planet of the Apes when I was young
24. I am pretty happy with the simple things and just hanging with the people I love.
25. We have a cute dog called Totoro.. Toto or Totes for short – she is naughty, scruffy, adorable and steals peanut butter toast.
Sally Steele, is the lady behind STEELEMyStyle and is a Personal Stylist, Shopper, Wardrobe Consultant, Style Mentor & Branding specialist now based in Brisbane with Clients all over Australia.
She is in her 40s, has two little kids and helps others find their inner style & love the life they are leading.
She lives a real life and knows how to navigate the challenges we face be it from stress, grief, overwork or just the everyday working Mama juggle in style & with a good dose of humour.
Follow STEELEMyStyle on Facebook
Follow STEELEMyStyle on Instagram
Follow STEELEMyStyle on Pinterest
See the spotty STEELEMyStyle mobile on the streets of Brisbane.
Read what clients and colleagues say about her
Get yourself or a friend or loved one out of their rut and back on track – read about Sally’s services here