Books, reading and literature are really important to me and have been since I learned how to read. I even did a Masters in French and German and opted for heavy on the literature side.
There has only been one period of my life I haven’t read.
From 2007 until 2014 during all the babies, pre school children, my mother getting cancer and us moving up to Brisbane to help out and then my father having multiple strokes and dying I was so exhausted and in such despair I couldn’t find anything to keep my mind off everything. I was either awake in distress, or having episodic sleep.
But it is such a love and escape for me that I started back in through biographies and short stories and now enjoy a hefty tome.
I always think that novels are a bit tricky to buy for gifts as they are so personal. The Man and I sometimes cross over in our taste and he told me to start reading A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara , which won the Man Booker prize – it’s pretty incredible so far but utterly devastating too.
Not a gift idea really, but amazing.
However here are 6 books that I am keen to get for my holidays and might work for yourself or the women in your lives, whether they are crafty, creative, bohemian, dreamy, feminist, intellectuals or lovers of vintage and beautiful style.
Enjoy and Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year !
6 Books On My Christmas List For Summer Reading
1. Craft For The Soul – by Pip Lincolne (@meetmeatmikes) $29.95 – Buy Here
2. Wildflower by Drew Barrymore – $24.95 Buy Here
3. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – (essay) $8.50 – Buy Here
4. Icons of Vintage Fashion by Pénélope Blanckaert – $36 – Buy Here
5. Notorious RBG – The Life & Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Irin Carmon & Shana Knizhnik $16 – Buy Here
6. Love x Style x Life by Garance Doré $46.40 – Buy Here