Jeans shopping !
Something My Personal Styling clients invariably find demoralising and tedious.
The key is to know where to go..
and to have me with you ;)
The majority of my clients struggle to find good quality jeans that they feel good in, avoid muffin tops and are on trend.
They don’t need special “mum” jeans or want to wear cheap fast fashion. They will have a couple of great JBrand, Nudie, Frame designer jeans but they just want to find good everyday denim that is under $150.
I have raved about JAG before, but it is well earned because they are good at denim – my hit rate for finding a pair of jeans for someone in there while we are on a shop is high – plus they do great flash sales and have a variety of styles.
Until 14 March they are doing a Double Your Discount – with 20% off full price by joining their VIP Blue Denim Society.
It is worth it –
SpeedStyle & Shop
All of these looks were put together, styled and photographed in just over an 1hr together – with no pre-production so that the experience mirrors the reality of my everyday work with clients.
Because I am all about sustainable style – I help choose items that allow individual clients to curate their perfect wardrobe with versatile pieces that will be in high rotation, giving them instant effortless style and a skip in their step.
This gives you an idea of what is possible shopping with me.
And this is only one store !
Scroll down to SHOP THE SHOOT
Real Life Models = Really Relatable Styling
I am passionate about using real people when I style instore and with fashion events.
These are unretouched photos and Karen just had her everyday makeup and hair.
Karen is a 40 something, Nurse and Mum of 2 – we did a fast SpeedStyle & Shop down at my local JAG at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre.
#70s flares Mod Mashup
The Bell Flare is a real 70s retro flashback so to make sure it looks modern and not costume party I have styled with a simple stripe Tshirt, on trend skinny black motif scarf/necktie, and mashed it up with a mod nod to The Who and the longline khaki anorak.
Fun everyday casual outfit.
TIP: Make sure if you are wearing flares they cover your toes for that sleek look.
What Karen is wearing:
- JEANS – BELL FLARE – (model is wearing sz8) $149.95 ($119.96 with 20% off) – BUY NOW
- TSHIRT $39.95 ($31.96 )(model wears XXS) – BUY NOW
- SKINNY NECKTIE SCARF – (also in maroon too)$39.95 ($31.96 )BUY NOW
- KHAKI JACKET – (also in black) – $199.95 (sz8) ($160) – BUY NOW
- BAG – Saddlebag – blk and marron – $129.95 ($102.95)BUY NOW Boot & Sunglasses – model’s own
# Parisienne flares & bouclé a go go
Want to wear flares without them feeling too retro ?
Channel Nina Garcia and go for the Lola – dark indigo denim minimal detail, sleek lines – add in a silk shirt, an oh so chic bouclé jacket (the perfect alternative to a blazer or cardigan)- and some fun fringing for a nod to boho luxe.
What Karen is wearing
- JEANS – LOLA FLARE (sz 26) – $139.95- ($111.96) BUY NOW
- SILK SHIRT – (Sz10)$149.95 ($119.95)– BUY NOW
- BOUCLE JACKET – Also comes in maroon (sz 6) $ 159.95 ($127.96) – BUY NOW
- BAG – Fringed Bucket Leather Bag $119.95 (also in blk) – ($95.96) BUY NOW
- Boots – model’s own
# Longline Coatigan & Double Denim
Love a bit of double denim and this coatigan is perfect to throw over any outfit for some instant style – it also comes in grey.
I fashioned a wee Gucci AW/16 inspired floral rosette / corsage just to add a fun twist with a clip-on flower and some ribbon from my stylist’s kit.
- JEANS – LOLA FLARE (sz 26) – $139.95 ($111.96)BUY NOW
- DENIM SHIRT – (#JWW166196) also in light chambray – $119.95 – ($95.96) not online yet
- COATIGAN – (#JWW168151) in black $159.95 – ($119.96) BUY NOW (in grey)
Floral corsage – stylist’s own
Boots – model’s own
#French Classic Chic
For this look I went with a classic chic look that a lot of my Personal Styling clients love – anyone who is a fan of Olivia Palermo or Liv Tyler will love this.
Simple but timeless.
Pair a stripe Breton Tshirt with some black chic jeans, classic quality trench and some very on trend block slingbacks
TIP: Add a little silk scarf for an additional je ne sais quoi or mix it up with statement heels or ankle boots.
- BLK JEANS – The Rosie – $139.95 – ($111.96)BUY NOW
- TSHIRT – (as before) $39.95 –($31.96 ) BUY NOW
- TRENCH – $249.95 – (#JWW161072) –($199.96) call your local store – not yet online.
- NECKLACE – double strand – $24.95 – ($19.96)BUY NOW
- BAG – leather saddlebag (also in black above) – $129.95- ($103.96)BUY NOW
Slingbacks – Stylist’s own
Sunglasses- model’s own
#Boyfriend Jeans, Brogues & Blazer
An easy look to pair flats lace-ups or heels – here I have styled with a white shirt for a bit more formality but ultimately a great Tshirt under the blazer and your sneakers would also work really well.
- JEANS – THE BOBBIE – Slim Boyfriend Crop sz 26 $139.95 ($111.96) BUY NOW
- WHITE SHIRT – $99.95 – ($79.96)BUY NOW
- WOOL BLAZER (sz 6) – $259.95 ( $207.96)also comes in black – BUY NOW
Flower rosette – stylist’s own
Shoes – model’s own
Need some one on one help ?
whether you are in Brisbane, Sydney or beyond – Sally has clients all over Australia (thanks to technology :)
Get in touch
What I love about what I do is helping ordinary men and women reconnect with themselves, rediscover their Inner Style and express their personality and mood through what they wear.
And to help kickstart 2016 I am offering a very special newsletter subscriber only offer.
* NEW YEAR * NEW YOU * SUBSCRIBER ONLY SPECIAL
1 hr at home Speed Wardrobe Review
2 hrs instore Style & Shop
1 hr online Sourcing/ Inspiration Boarding
Special Limited Offer Price $400 + GST
Terms & Conditions
* Valid for all weekday bookings made until 31 March 2016 only
* Full payment required to secure booking.
* Only open to Newsletter Subscribers
* Available for Brisbane, Gold Coast clients.
Interstate clients (my flights & accomm not included)
How to qualify for the offer
1. Sign Up to the Weekly Newsletter
– Enter your details into the Subscribe Now on the sidebar on the right >
Are you a brand and want me to come and Speed Style & Shop instore with a real model ?
Get in touch – always open to collaborations
Want to model for me ?
If you live in Brisbane and want to do an instore style & shoot and get some FREE style advice at the same time – get in touch (all body shapes and ages required).
You will need to be free on a Monday during the day.
Sally Steele, is the lady behind STEELEMyStyle and is a Personal Stylist, Shopper, Wardrobe Consultant, Life & Style Coach based in Brisbane with Clients all over Australia.
She is in her 40s, has two little kids and helps others find their inner style & love the life they are leading.
She lives a real life and knows how to navigate the challenges of everyday be it from stress, grief, overwork or just the everyday working Mama juggle in style & with a good dose of humour.
Follow STEELEMyStyle on Facebook
Follow STEELEMyStyle on Instagram
Follow STEELEMyStyle on Pinterest
See the spotty STEELEMyStyle mobile on the streets of Brisbane.
Read what clients and colleagues say about her
Get yourself or a friend or loved one out of their rut and back on track – read about Sally’s services here