You know when your coffee cup matches your hair and lipstick it’s going to be a good day !
I decided last year never to buy a takeaway coffee unless I had my reusable cup with me and to date that is about approx 1600 + cups saved from landfill until I reversed over the other one one Monday morning.
Thankfully the lovely people at Australian brand UpperCup have come to the rescue!
Apart from the obvious colour win, here are just a few reasons I am loving this reusable coffee cup.
- Designed in Australia
- Made in Australia
- Female led business
- Ethically produced
- Made from the highest quality BPA free copolyester
- Doesn’t retain odour or stains
- Looks super cool like glass ones, but for clumsy folk with kids like me it’s super duper practical. (I have kicked it over 3 times already at squad training !)
- Dishwasher safe
- Made of recyclable materials
- Double insulated wall action so coffee stays warm but fingers cool while you sit on the sidelines
- Designed by baristas so the conical bottom results in a perfectly poured coffee everytime ( have already had 4 baristas ask where I got it .. they LOVE it!)
- Easy click on lid (again see clumsy unco mum in a hurry)
- Write on wipe off so your half almond half soy decaf turmeric latte order is always right even in a group situ.. (mine is old school 1996 Nth Bondi style – soy latte)
- Fits in my hand like a wee dream…
Need I go waffling on ?
Do you order takeaway coffee ?
If you do and you do not have a reusable cup – consider these staggering stats
- Over half a trillion disposable cups are manufactured globally every year – placed end to end they could go round the world 1360 times.
- Every year four billion trees (35% of total trees) are used in paper industries around the world.
- Worldwide we use 300 million tons of paper each year a 400% increase in the last 40 years.
- Most of the world’s paper supply, in fact about 71%, still comes from diminishing forests, not plantations or recycling.
- Consumer waste has increase 10x over the course of the 20th century, from 40kg to 560 kg of waste per person per year.
There really is no excuse – reuse or refuse to buy it
C’mon on … reduce your coffee stained footprint and check this baby out
Why not commit to making a small, easy peezy change that collectively can make a big difference.
The UPPERCUPs come in different colours & sizes if you need a bigger coffee fix.
And PS in Brisbane – Merlo offer 50% discount to people with their own reusable cup ! How good is that !
Wearing: Nothing new – Main Pic – Lack of Color Baker Boy hat, Vintage sunglasses, French Connection drop tassels, Off shoulder French Connection top, Denim Pinafore – and in pic above – aromatherapy tassel earrings – red Crap Eyewear sunglasses , polka dot scarf, clutch used as belt bag, Adidas sneakers