I love a bit of camouflage and it is a Statement Staple in my wardrobe.
It is a great way to add a bit of edge or contrast a dressy piece to get that lo-fi luxe vibe.
8 Top Tips to Wearing Camo Without Looking Like an Army Reject
- Mix in some tailoring like a tuxedo or blazer to elevate camo pants for meetings.
- Add a feminine bustier and edgier leather pieces to a camo tshirt for a relaxed luxe event look
- Add in iron on transfers, badges, pompoms to be more playful.
- Layer with contrasting textures and prints to add interest.
- Throw in some metallics and sequins to take it to event wear.
- Belt a camo jacket to give it a ladylike vibe.
- Add in pops of colour to break up the khaki.
- Contrast with unexpected accessories – berets, turbans, ribbons, flowers.
Remember my 3 is the magic number and look to wear things 3 occasions, 3 different seasons and/or 3 different ways so that you #CurateDon’tConsume !
Nothing new but scroll down for a few ideas on what’s out there at the moment and where to buy camo pieces that will stay in your wardrobe.
What I am wearing
Look 1 – Black beret, blue glasses, sequin turtle neck, Black Tux (1998 – French Connection), Camo track pants (thrifted), Ginger & Smart black heels
Look 2 – Camo tshirt (boys section Kmart few years ago) , Honey & Beau bustier (see it here too), Leather midi skirt (10 yrs old Whistles) Tassel drop earrings (French Connection), Aviators (Ray Ban) Leather stud wrap – Endeavour opshop, Fishneck socks (TopShop) heels (as before)
Look 3 – APC camo jacket – (20 yrs old hand me down) – Parisienne iron on transfer (asos) – blue dungarees (TopShop) – Adidas superstars
Look 4 – Camo hoodie , (HM) sequin leggings, (preloved) Gum Tree faux fur shag coat, Adidas superstars, beret, black retro glasses (markets)
Look 5 – Camo hoodie, Stripe Endeavour foundation thrifted jeans, vintage turban and heart pin, Holster bronze hitops
Look 6 – APC camo jacket as above , vintage belted over preloved Gorman gold dress (ebay), preloved Miu Miu red patent slingbacks (ebay), black beret, flower and stripe ribbon (Spotlight).
Look 7 – Cream turtleneck (HM) , red bandana (thrifted), camo hoodie, check tweed blazer (ebay), pearl hoops (DIY) , grey beret (thrifted), Kate Spade glasses (gifted).
Look 8 – APC Camo Jacket (as before) rainbow stripe track pants (shein), white monk buckle loafers (6 yrs old Wittner) , Mother of Dragons Tshirt (thrifted) , White choker with pom pom clip on, red beret (thrifted)
Look 9 – Tweed Blazer (ebay), Camo Hoodie, Polka dot cravat (grandfather’s) Gorman dress (as before) black opaque tights, Chatty slogan shoes (Asos 4 yrs ago) Black sunglasses (Lovisa)
Where to find Camo Pieces
- Opshops, Thrift stores, army surplus, Etsy, Ebay Asos Marketplace, GumTree etc would be my first port of call.
- Teen Boy stores – Kmart, Target, Cotton On etc or menswear stores.
- Asos, Topshop, Zara, HM